The Student News Site of Divine Savior Holy Angels High School

The Word

The Word

The Word

A Night to Remember: DSHA’s Annual Father-Daughter Dance

Having a father figure is important to many people. But often we see Father’s Day falling in the shadow of the well-renowned Mother’s Day. However, there are so many people who love to celebrate their fathers, including the DSHA community, which held its annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance on Saturday, February 3rd at the Pfister Hotel.

The Father Daughter Dinner Dance is one of the year’s biggest events. This dance gives fathers or father figures a chance to connect with their daughters. This year my dad and I attended our first dance, so I decided to go around and ask people some questions about their Dad and vice versa.

After being asked, “When you think of your dad, what is the first thing that comes to mind?” Francie Janisch ‘27 replied, “Rock and roll!” When I asked her father, Chris Janisch the same question but about her, he said, “Busy, very talented. But she’s busy because she is very talented.” 

As the night continued, I interviewed more dads and daughters. When asked, “What is your favorite thing about your dad?” Nora McCullough ‘27 states, “He pushes me to be the best person that I need to be,” and when asked, “What is your favorite thing about your daughter?” Adam McCullough answered, “She’s motivated to achieve her goals.” 

Responding to the same questions, Brianna McEvilly ‘27 says, “His sense of humor, he’s SO funny. He makes me laugh.” Her father, Corey McEvilly responded, “She’s sweet, caring, and she’s smart. She’s thoughtful of others.” 

Overall, the night was very enjoyable and it was fun to see everyone having so much fun with their fathers. According to my dad, Andrew Anderson, “Dancing with my daughter and being able to get to spend time with her and the community she is now around was my favorite time of the night.”